Sunday, October 5, 2008

Post-auction writeup: Loot, glorious loot

Yesterday was the fall gaming auction at Games Plus in Mt. Prospect, IL. I attended with an eye toward snatching up some useful and/or nostalgic items for cheap. In that respect, I was thoroughly successful. Here's what ended up in my adventurer's backpack at the end of the day:

  • Savage Worlds Explorer's Edition- $6
  • Dungeon Worlds: Catacombs - $1 (didn't really need it, but the price was right)
  • Wondrous Items of Power - $3 (terrible editing, but if I can rip even one good campaign idea out of this book, then it was worth the price)
  • Wreckage - $8 (small, quick board game of Mad Max-style vehicular combat; I've coveted this sucker for a long time)
  • Zombies!!! - $5 (waited and waited to snag this game for a decent price...success!)
  • Agone core book - $5 (OK, I thought I was bidding on Agon, and I didn't realize it until I'd already won the auction for this game. Eh.)
  • AD&D trading cards - $2 (couldn't say no, plus they'll be great for Everway)
  • Cracken's Threat Dossier - 50 cents (again, couldn't pass it up. I'll play d6 Star Wars again...I swear it)

And I didn't even hit my carry limit.

No comments: